PCS EXAM COACHING
The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination is conducted by the PPSC for recruiting officials in various departments of the Government. The exam is conducted in two phases and comprises of the Preliminary and The Mains. Wheres the Preliminary exam comprises of two papers the Mains includes a written test and a Viva Voice Test.
PCS Coaching in Chandigarh
The PCS Exam (Punjab Civil Services Exam) at recruiting prospective candidates entrusted to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provincial services and positions connected with the affairs of the province
- Positions in or under a corporation or other Government organizations under any law or as otherwise prescribed.
- Render advisory services to the Government on matters relating to the terms and conditions of services to the members of the Provincial Services or those that hold key positions relating to the affairs of the Province. Held every year by PPSC (Punjab Public Service Commission), a government organization entrusted with the responsibility of employing and managing the civil services.
Positions under the PPSC
The recruitment process involves the filling of the available government positions of PPS recruit deserving candidates to fill up the available government positions of Tehsildar, Deputy Superintendent of Police, etc.The arduous PCS exam is a getaway for one of the elite position in the government sector. Some of the key positions are listed as follows:
- Child Development Project Officer
- Inspectors Audit, Cooperative Societies
- Audit Officer, Cooperative Societies
Preparation of PCS Exam
The PCS exam preparation requires a zealous effort by the candidate.The preparation for both PCS examination and IAS examination is demanding and involves in real sense the burning of the midnight oil. The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge in the subjects of History,Polity, and Geography pertaining to the state of Punjab. The Dronacharya IAS academy focusses on the exhaustive coverage of the General Knowledge including understanding all the basic concepts.As in the case of any civil services examination, the PCS is no exception and the student is expected to face challenging and difficult question paper with tricky questions requiring logical and analytical reasoning. The Dronacharya institute covers an exhaustive study material accompanied by written exams on each topic that provides each candidate to master the topic proficiently. Also the preparation for the PCS exam requires a candidate to possess elaborated knowledge including fundamentals regarding Indian Culture, History, Geography etc..The tips and Tricks covered in the course material by our deemed faculty provides an edge over the other competing candidates and enable them to score high in the PCS exam. The study material covered by our institute is prepared taking into consideration the previous years’ questions asked and amplified coaching which includes the study material with focussed attention. Besides the one of a kind study material, our other USP is a continuous track of a candidate’s performance over time.We recommend all our candidates to attend our test series with sincere preparation as that would enable them to keep a track of their performance and understand their strengths and weaknesses. This approach for PCS exam preparation can provide them with positive results.
The pattern of PCS Exam
We at Dronacharya’s Institute recommend our candidates to pay attention to the pattern of the PCS exam. Our comprehensive material shall cover all the topics from end to anther. The institute is committed to enlightening you with tools , guidance and quality study materials thus making your journey towards achieving your goal easier. Our results speak volumes about our dedication towards achieving perfection with performance. Our study notes are based on the current syllabus and pattern shared by the Punjab Public Service Commission Preliminary Examination.It includes two papers followed by the interview.
- Paper I General Studies
- Paper II Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Paper I English
- Paper II Essay
- Paper III Punjabi
- Paper-IV General Studies 1
- Paper V General Studies 2
- Paper VI General Studies 3
- Paper VII General Studies 4
How do we prepare you for PCS Exam
We at Dronacharya’s urge all the prospective candidates to follow strictly some of the key guidelines. These are essential for success in a rigorous exam like PCS.
- Ensure that your schedule allocates appropriate to each and every topic.
- Brush up your awareness of current affairs and make a habit of newspapers, current news.
- Be prepared thoroughly by browsing through previous papers and noting the important and key points.
- Appear for online exams for self-assessment and to boost your confidence.
- Prepare in depth. We don't advise you to leave any topic as unimportant. All the topics are worthy and questions can be asked from anywhere.
- Solve as many questions as possible. This shall enable you to have a detailed understanding of the topics
- Make a strict study regime taking into consideration the preparation of mains because you would not be left with much time.
- Focus on good topics. Study all Government schemes of Punjab state with particular attention and keep an eye on central schemes as well.
- Divide your answers in the exam in points.