- Union Home Minister said that the government would try to open Sharda Peeth along the lines of the Kartarpur Corridor.
- This is said in response to the recommendations of the Save Sarda Committee Kashmir (SSCK) convener.
In addition, he dedicated the Maa Sharda Devi Temple in Kupwara.
- Sharda Peeth, a Hindu sacred site, is located in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir’s Neelum Valley.
- It is located across Teetawal village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district, along the Line of Actual Control.
- The site is the historical centre of India’s cultural, religious, and educational heritage.
Sharda Peeth was once regarded as the epicentre of knowledge in the Indian subcontinent, with scholars from all over the country flocking here in search of scriptures and spiritual knowledge.
- Sharda script is the original script of Kashmir, named after Maa Sharda.
MAA SHARDA DEVI TEMPLE, KUPWARA, JAMMU, AND KASHMIR
- The temple was inaugurated virtually.
- The architecture and construction of the temple were done according to the mythological scriptures under the aegis of Sharda Peeth.
- Sringeri Math provided the Maa Sharda idol.
- The reconstruction of Maa Sharda Peeth is a necessary step in the direction of the discovery of the Sharda Civilization and the promotion of Sharda Script.