PCS EXAM COACHING
The Punjab Public Service Commission conducts the Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination for recruiting officials in various departments of the Government. The exam is conducted in two phases and comprises the Preliminary and The Mains. While the Preliminary exam consists of two papers, the Mains includes a written test and a Viva Voce Test.
PCS Coaching in Chandigarh
The PCS Exam (Punjab Civil Services Exam) is aimed at recruiting prospective candidates entrusted to carry out the following responsibilities:
Provincial services and positions connected with the affairs of the province.
Positions in or under a corporation or other Government organizations under any law or as otherwise prescribed.
Render advisory services to the Government on matters relating to the terms and conditions of services to the members of the Provincial Services or those that hold key positions relating to the affairs of the Province.
Positions under the PPSC
The recruitment process involves filling the vacant government positions of Tehsildar, Deputy Superintendent of Police, etc. The arduous PCS exam is a getaway for one of the elite positions in the government sector. Some of the key positions are listed below:
- Child Development Project Officer
- Inspectors Audit, Cooperative Societies
- Audit Officer, Cooperative Societies
Preparation of PCS Exam
The PCS exam preparation requires a zealous effort by the candidate. The preparation for the PCS examination and the IAS examination is demanding and requires, in its true sense, the burning of the midnight oil. The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge in the subjects of History, Polity, and Geography of the state of Punjab. The Dronacharya IAS academy focuses on the exhaustive coverage of General Knowledge including understanding all the basic concepts. As in the case of any civil services examination, the PCS is no exception. The student is expected to face challenging question papers with tricky questions requiring logical and analytical reasoning. Droanacharya IAS institute covers exhaustive study material accompanied by written exams on each topic which helps each candidate master the syllabus proficiently. Also, the preparation for the PCS exam requires candidates to possess elaborate knowledge about fundamentals, including Indian Culture, History, Geography, etc. The tips and tricks covered in the course material by our deemed faculty provide students an edge over the other aspirants and enable them to score high in the PCS exam. Our institute provides students with one-of-a-kind study material which is prepared keeping in view the recent exam trends. Besides the one-of-a-kind study material, our other USP is a continuous track of a candidate’s performance over time. We recommend all our candidates attend our test series with sincerity as it would enable them to keep a track of their performance and understand their strengths and weaknesses. This approach for PCS exam preparation can provide them with positive results.
The pattern of PCS Exam
- Paper I General Studies
- Paper II Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Paper I English
- Paper II Essay
- Paper III Punjabi
- Paper-IV General Studies 1
- Paper V General Studies 2
- Paper VI General Studies 3
- Paper VII General Studies 4
How do we prepare you for PCS Exam
We at Dronacharya\’s urge all the prospective candidates to follow strictly some of the key guidelines. These are essential for success in a rigorous exam like PCS.
- Ensure that your schedule allocates appropriate time to every topic.
- Brush up your awareness of current affairs and make a habit of reading the newspaper.
- Be prepared thoroughly by browsing through previous papers and noting the key points.
- Appear for online exams for self-assessment and to boost your confidence.
- Prepare in depth. We don\’t advise you to leave any topic. All topics are vital, and questions can be asked from any of them.
- Solve as many questions as possible. This shall enable you to have a detailed understanding of the topics.
- Make a strict study regime taking into consideration the preparation of mains because you would not be left with much time.
- Focus on good topics. Study all government schemes of Punjab state with particular attention and keep an eye on central schemes as well.
- Divide your answers into points during the examination.