Hello readers, Systematic Voters’ Education & Electoral Participation (SVEEP) committee has taken steps to set up almost 2500 polling places with a specific theme throughout Karnataka.
- Mallige Yakshagana of Mysuru
Yakshagana is a theatrical form that uses music, dance, and dialogue to depict mythical, historical stories and narratives from the Ramayana and Mahabharata, two of the greatest Indian epics.
It has roots in Sanskrit literature and can be traced back to the coastal regions of Karnataka.
In the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka, the annual festival of Kambala is observed.
The celebration includes the customary buffalo race, a well-liked and distinctive sport among the state’s farming population.
The term “Mysore Mallige” refers to the jasmine flower, often known as the “queen of flowers,” that is produced in the Mysore region as well as in some areas of Srirangapatna in the Mandya district.
Wadeyar of the Mysore Kingdom honored and utilized this flower and used it to decorate the Mysore Palace during the Dasara celebration.
Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP)
- It is the Election Commission of India’s (ECI) major initiative.
- It is a multi-intervention program using a variety of media and modes to inform people, voters, and electors about the election process in an effort to raise their level of awareness and involvement.
- It is created in accordance with the state’s socioeconomic, cultural, and demographic characteristics as well as its history of voting involvement in earlier elections and knowledge of those elections.
Other ECI Initiatives
- Use the e-VIGIL App to file complaints about election law violations.
- Portal for submitting nominations, requests for authorization, etc.
- ‘Matdata Junction’ radio program produced in association with All India Radio to promote voter awareness.