Launch of “A HELP Program” in the state of Uttarakhand.
- The Union Ministry of Rural Development and the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairy jointly administer the “A-HELP” training program.
- Members of State Rural Livelihood Mission-registered women self-help organizations that assist in various animal husbandry activities as part of Pashu Sakhi will receive training to become “A-HELPs (Accredited Agents for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) as part of the program.
A-HELP is a group of community-based women activists who support veterinarians in local departmental tasks, aid livestock producers in applying for loans to grow their businesses, mark the ears of animals and register them in the INAF portal, assist with insurance, and more.
- Assistance from “A-HELP” can be used to carry out various programs and inform farmers at the community level.
Mission Rashtriya Gokul
- Since December 2014, the Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM) has been operating to promote and protect native cattle breeds.
- From 2021 to 2026, the program is also maintained under the umbrella program Rashtriya Pashudhan Vikas Yojana.
- Objectives: Using cutting-edge technologies, raise milk output and boost the productivity of cattle.
to spread the use of bulls with superior genetic quality in breeding.
to expand the availability of artificial insemination by strengthening the breeding network and providing services at the doorsteps of farmers.
- to advocate for the scientifically sound and comprehensive conservation of indigenous cattle and buffalo.
NADCP, the National Animal Disease Control Program,
- to vaccinate more than 600 million cattle nationwide in an effort to combat brucellosis and foot-and-mouth disease.
- to eradicate livestock diseases by 2030 after bringing them under control by 2025.
- Cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, and pigs are among the livestock that the program will protect against FMD.
- The Central Government will provide all funding for the project.
- The scheme calls for ear tags to be placed on every qualified animal.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare’s Dairy Sahakar Scheme was established in 2014–15 with the aim of promoting the sustainability of cattle.
- Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF): This fund works to enhance the capacity for processing milk and meat as well as the variety of products it produces. As a result, unorganized rural milk and meat producers have easier access to organized milk and meat markets.
- Pashu-Aadhar: It is a distinct ID on a digital platform for animal traceability.
- NDLM stands for “National Digital Livestock Mission.”
- Livestock Health and Disease Control Program (LH&DC): By increasing the capacity of veterinary services, enhancing disease surveillance, and fortifying veterinary infrastructure, it strives to lower the risk to animal health.
- Scheme for the Development of Dairy Processing and Infrastructure (DIDF):
Launched on December 21st, 2017
- Objectives: To upgrade the milk processing and chilling facilities, adding value.
- The National Artificial Insemination Program with the E-GOPALA app