At Mont-de-Marsan, an air force base of the French Air and Space Force (FASF), France will conduct a multinational exercise with Indian Rafale combat aircraft under the codename Orion.
Are you aware?
- The French Air Force and the Indian Air Force participated in a wargame at Jodhpur under the codename Desert Knight, in which the Indian Air Force had previously taken part.
- At the Air Force Stations in Arjan Singh (Panagarh), Kalaikunda, and Agra, the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the United States Air Force (USAF) are participating in a bilateral air exercise called Exercise Cope India 23.
- About: The French government is hosting a global exercise.
- The ongoing confrontation between Russia and Ukraine, in which NATO, led by the US, is obstructing Russian actions against Ukraine, serves as the backdrop for this exercise.
- The French Army, Navy, and Air Force participated in what is apparently the largest multinational exercise in the country’s history.
- The Rafale aircraft of the IAF would participate in Exercise Orion for the first time abroad.
- Many of France’s NATO members as well as other significant allies, including Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, and the United States of America, participate in this.
- It draws attention to India’s rising stature in the world and its tight ties to important allies like France.
- By taking part in international wargames, Indian troops are able to develop their skills and improve communication between their forces and those of other countries.
- By absorbing the finest practices from other air forces, participation in this exercise would further enhance the employment philosophy of the Indian Air Force.