Shaheed Diwas Day:
- It is observed on 23rd March every year.
- On March 23, 1931, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev were hanged at Lahore’s Central Jail. The day is known as ‘Shaheed Diwas’ to honour their unparalleled sacrifice.
- The death of Lala Lajpat Rai during a lathi charge when he was on an anti-Simon commission procession in October 1928 led them to take the step of assassinating Saunders, the British police official in Lahore.
- They were tried in the Lahore Conspiracy case.
- Their dead bodies were cremated at Hussainiwala, Ferozepur (Punjab).
- S Bhagat Singh and BK Dutt also threw a Bomb in the Central Assembly Hall in New Delhi on April 8 1929 to record their protest against the British rule in India. He read the famous slogan of ‘Inquilab Zindabad’.
- Born on September 28, 1907.
- Place of Birth: Village Banga, Tehshil Jaranwala, District Lyallpur, Punjab (in modern-day Pakistan)
- Education: D.A.V. High School, Lahore; National College, Lahore
- He started an organisation called the Naujawan Bharat Sabha.
- In 1924 he became a member of the Hindustan Republican Association.
- One of his famous works is: Why I am an Atheist?