- The topic for World Homoeopathy Day this year is Homoeoparivar—Sarvajan Swasthya, One Health, One Family.
- Every year on April 10, World Homeopathy Day is celebrated.
- To commemorate the anniversary of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann’s birth, who is regarded as the father of homeopathy, this day is observed.
- A medical method called homeopathy is founded on the idea that the body can heal itself.
- It was created in Germany in the late 1700s.
- Homoeopathic medications are made using a common process known as dynamisation or potentization from minute amounts of animal, plant, mineral, and other natural ingredients.
- It is a therapeutic medical approach founded on the maxim “Similia Similibus Curentur,” which translates to “Let likes be treated by likes.” It is a method of treating the patient using drugs that have the ability to cause identical symptoms in a healthy person to mimic the natural sickness that they can treat in the sick person.
- The Indian government has consistently worked to advance homoeopathy as well as other conventional medical practices including Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Sowa Rigpa. (referred to jointly by the abbreviation AYUSH).
- When some German missionaries and doctors began dispensing homoeopathic medications among the local populace, homoeopathy was first introduced in India. However, it wasn’t until Dr. John Martin Honigberger successfully treated Maharaja Ranjit Singh for vocal cord paralysis in 1839 that homoeopathy gained traction in India.
actions performed to advance the homoeopathic medical system
An apex research institution under the Ministry of AYUSH, the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) supervises, develops, disseminates, and promotes scientific research in homoeopathy.
- The Ministry of AYUSH is implementing the centrally sponsored scheme of the National AYUSH Mission (NAM) through the states and UTs for the promotion and development of AYUSH medical systems, including homoeopathy.
- In accordance with the National Commission for Homoeopathy Act of 2020, the National Commission for Homoeopathy
- The Ministry of Ayush’s National Institute of Homoeopathy (NIH), Kolkata, is an autonomous institute under the Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy (PCIM&H).